Mindful Order is on a mission to eliminate the negative effect on the planet and will continue to help clients shift their focus from non-renewable energy sources to renewable alternatives.
Here are some ways to save energy to save money:
- Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer to save on heating and cooling costs.
- Install compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) when your older incandescent bulbs burn out.
- Unplug appliances when you’re not using them. Or, use a “smart” power strip that senses when appliances are off and cuts “phantom” or “vampire” energy use.
- Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible. As much as 85 percent of the energy used to machine-wash clothes goes to heating the water.
- Use a drying rack or clothesline to save the energy otherwise used during machine drying.
- Take shorter showers to reduce water use. This will lower your water and heating bills too.
- Install a low-flow showerhead. They don’t cost much, and the water and energy savings can quickly pay back your investment.
- Make sure you have a faucet aerator on each faucet. These inexpensive appliances conserve heat and water, while keeping water pressure high.
- Walk or bike to work. This saves on gas and parking costs while improving your cardiovascular health and reducing your risk of obesity.
- Consider telecommuting if you live far from your work. Or move closer. Even if this means paying more rent, it could save you money in the long term.
- Lobby your local government to increase spending on sidewalks and bike lanes. With little cost, these improvements can pay huge dividends in bettering your health and reducing traffic.
- If you eat meat, add one meatless meal a week. Meat costs a lot at the store-and it’s even more expensive when you consider the related environmental and health costs.
- Buy locally raised, humane, and organic meat, eggs, and dairy whenever you can. Purchasing from local farmers keeps money in the local economy.
- Use a water filter to purify tap water instead of buying bottled water. Not only is bottled water expensive, but it generates large amounts of container waste.
- Bring a reusable water bottle, preferably aluminum rather than plastic, with you when traveling or at work.
- Borrow from libraries instead of buying personal books and movies. This saves money, not to mention the ink and paper that goes into printing new books.
- Share power tools and other appliances. Get to know your neighbors while cutting down on the number of things cluttering your closet or garage.
- Buy in bulk. Purchasing food from bulk bins can save money and packaging.
- Wear clothes that don’t need to be dry-cleaned. This saves money and cuts down on toxic chemical use.
- Keep your cell phones, computers, and other electronics as long as possible.
- Donate or recycle them responsibly when the time comes. E-waste contains mercury and other toxics and is a growing environmental problem.
- Recycle your cell phone.
- The big secret: you can make very effective, non-toxic cleaning products whenever you need them. All you need are a few simple ingredients like baking soda, vinegar, lemon, and soap.
- Making your own cleaning products saves money, time, and packaging-not to mention your indoor air quality.
Mindful Order understands the many people today are hearing the message to go green and most want to heed the call, but may be confused about what to do. We’re here to help! We have some simple answers for how you can go green – at home, work, while you travel, and just about anywhere else you go.
Simple changes you can make help the environment and save money, too. Below we give you suggestions for things you can do right now, today, that will help restore our environment and protect our future on Earth.
Here is how to get started:
- Set up an effective and efficient recycling center in your home as a start.
- Choose an easy access spot with a bin for small amounts of recycling of paper where you sort the mail and have a larger area designated in the garage or by the back door.
- Many of us have backdoor recycling so this is as easy as putting out the trash. If not, create a routine that brings the recycling once a week to a recycling center.
- Examples of acceptable paper and cardboard are:
- grocery bags
- corrugated boxes
- cereal boxes
- cracker boxes
- Pizza boxes, other boxes and tin foil with grease or food residue are not accepted
- Plastic with 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7 are generally accepted
- Glass is accepted when sorted by color
School, work, entertainment, family, hobbies, and basic chores all make up everyday life. For some people, these pieces may feel overwhelming, especially concerning school and work. Juggling everything at the same time may feel impossible, and it is at times. When juggling so much fails, you are left with clutter and no idea of how to clean it up. Life coaching is going to help you to clean up the pieces and put everything together in a way that works. This is possible and it can help you to avoid burn outs, stress, and problems related to poor management of life in general.
Before life coaching, you likely have a lot going on in life. You have to deal with work and / or school stress while managing life at home, and all while trying to enjoy yourself, which may feel stressful in itself. Doing all of this feels like a burden, putting a weight on you. This weight is simply you trying to live life happily, but it may be taking a lot more away from you than you thought it would. An investment in life coaching helps you to lighten the weight so that you can be happy without sacrificing your goals. You will learn how to manage everything in a way that is effective and that does not make everything feel like too much.
The start of life coaching is going to help you to understand more about the clutter in your mind as well as your space and how to organize everything. Whether this clutter is physical or mental, you will have a useful tool for putting everything in its proper place. Mindful Order can help you to get life sorted out so that you do not have obstacles in the way. By staying organized and continuing this path, you will be able to meet goals, move forward with plans, and find success in ways that you could not before.
When you have Mindful Order on your side, it is a lot easier to manage the little things that come up. Prior to life coaching, even minor issues would feel like a heavy weight on your shoulder. With so many other issues around you, you may not find the energy or time to deal with the small problems. This causes everything to build up and to grow, leaving you under a tremendous weight that feels inescapable. Life coaching can help you to take control of all of this, however, so that you are able to complete tasks and deal with problems as they arise.