Mindful Order understands the many people today are hearing the message to go green and most want to heed the call, but may be confused about what to do. We’re here to help! We have some simple answers for how you can go green – at home, work, while you travel, and just about anywhere else you go.
Simple changes you can make help the environment and save money, too. Below we give you suggestions for things you can do right now, today, that will help restore our environment and protect our future on Earth.
Here is how to get started:
- Set up an effective and efficient recycling center in your home as a start.
- Choose an easy access spot with a bin for small amounts of recycling of paper where you sort the mail and have a larger area designated in the garage or by the back door.
- Many of us have backdoor recycling so this is as easy as putting out the trash. If not, create a routine that brings the recycling once a week to a recycling center.
- Examples of acceptable paper and cardboard are:
- grocery bags
- corrugated boxes
- cereal boxes
- cracker boxes
- Pizza boxes, other boxes and tin foil with grease or food residue are not accepted
- Plastic with 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7 are generally accepted
- Glass is accepted when sorted by color